Tuesday, November 1, 2011


One night, he was sobbing. “Don’t leave me alone. Don’t die on me.” “But, John, I’m older than you, so it’s natural that I go first.” “No, you can’t. You just can’t.” But another day, he said very calmly, “If you died, I’m going to make a soup out of you, and drink it. We will finally be one body then.” He seemed to be inspired by that idea and said it to people who were working for us. “You know, if Yoko died, I’m going to make a soup out of her, and drink it…” They all looked stone-faced, as if he didn’t say anything unusual. John sounded like a little boy when he was saying that. A little boy who thought of a great idea.

-An excerpt from John’s Last Days: A Remembrance by Yoko Ono

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Powered by Blogger.
 
Template by suckmylolly.com